HTC Magic

I have the chance of playing withthe HTC Magic for the past few days. I reserved some of my comments for that so called iPhone killer. It's no way near there. When Linux was launched, everyone is excited about it but it didn't take off even though it is free and has a very nicely interface built. Why?



It's simple. It's an open source OS. Everyone under the sun has a say of the OS. It creates tons of confusion. There is no standard throughout the system. For example, what should I use to read my email? There are gmail for gmail, something else for exchange email and some others too. Then how about facebook? Yes, someone build a facebook app, but it is just a browser shell access the facebook mobile.



I also noted that the wifi doesn't connect that fast. IPhone is good at picking up your home wifi and connect it fast enough. If the wifi is drop, it switches to the 3G seamlessly. But not the HTC Magic.

Lastly, the phone OS is sluggish!


-- Post From My iPhone

Comments